Friday, May 20, 2011

when it rains, it pours

Ugh...

Last week my Tahoe goes in the shop to get a door hinge fixed, fix the ac (turned out to be a hole in the line) and get an oil change. Fast forward to Tuesday where I get to my moms and it's smoking and stinks; back to the shop it goes. It needed 2 new belts and some other part. Home again $800 later. Now when I start it takes a while to start like it gets stuck firing up, if that makes sense? And, I keep smelling gas... great. Looks like it might be going back to the shop. So much for how hard I've been working to save money and pay off debt... there goes about half of what I've saved.

Tuesday we had an appointment for family photos, which Josh swore I never told him about... Outright BS. I arranged the whole thing with him and then reminded him every week. So the kids and I went without him. Sometimes I hate men. This was one of those times.

Wednesday Morning I wake up and hear water running in the basement. Call my Pop. Turns out the water softener system that we don't even use because we have town water has a broken bypass system. About half of the water that was going through it is now being pumped out into the basement into the sub pump hole. Luckily this fix is free, my brother comes and solders the pipes closed after unhooking the softener. Then Tuesday during lunch I turn on the garbage disposal and all the ground up food, milk and water come pouring our the bottom of the cabinet and onto my feet... GREAT! So, I then have to clean up the mess and realign and tighten the pipes. While doing that my son decides to have a food fight with himself out of boredom(apparently all that pipe business was taking too long). Then Kellen didn't nap so he was miserable the rest of the day.

Oh and Kellen has been generally miserable all week. He has been hitting, biting, and pushing everyone. I think this is because Josh has been working 1pm-1am. He comes home from work and instead of going to bed, stays up and does whatever on the computer. Then he sleeps until 12pm when he wakes and has just enough time to shower, shave, and eat before going to work.

Anyway that's my awesome rant. TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment