Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Homemade Body Scrub

So I was trying to save some $$ for Christmas and still give something nice (we buy for 26 people not including the kids and each other). One of my friends shared a recipe for homemade body scrub, easy, cheap and very nice. I'm sure there are 1000 different ways to make body scrub but here is what I made. I also tested and approved it =)

Ingredients:

jars (I used small mason jars)
scrapbook paper (to cut and glue on the tops of jars as labels)

3 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup coconut oil
essential oil for scent

grab your helper:



put ingredients (minus scent) in large mixing bowl:



stir them up w/a spoon and I did by hand to get the clumps out because as you may know coconut oil is a solid at room temperature, so when I used my hands it melted.



add scent:




get your jars ready:



scoop scrub into jars:



add paper label to the top with hot glue (which i did not get a picture of) and done:



easy and nice and saves some money too. I found each batch made about 4, 4oz jars of scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment