Friday, October 30, 2009

Bedtime Wars

"Sleep much?"
"I wish."

This is how almost all of my conversations with Josh & my mom start lately.

It all started one day a couple months ago when my son decided he no longer wanted to sleep through the night. This soon progressed into refusing to go to bed before 9pm and sleep past 5am. Finally it evolved into a 2 hour bedtime routine, followed by waking up twice during the night, and finally rising between 5 & 6am for the day. Did I mention he refuses to nap every other day? On the days he will not nap without a fight, I usually end up rocking him for an hour while he sleeps just so he gets some rest! I don't know if it's teething or what!

Speaking of sleeping, Addison has been fighting bedtime with a vengeance the past three nights. Tonight I rubbed her back for a while until she feel asleep. Lucky for me I have a wonderful husband who got Addison to sleep the first two nights; and, on his night off sacrificed his free time to take care of Kellen so I could sleep. This involved him taking said screaming child from his crib, attempting in vain to get him to sleep, and finally, driving him to Ogdensburg at 3 in the morning where he proceeded to rent a few redbox movies, buy a vending machine soda and actually manage to get our poor little man to sleep.

The ironic aspect of all this is it hasn't put a damper on my baby urges at all! I'm thinking next fall/winter we will start trying again. This would be after wedding season, but, I'm not sure how it would factor in going back to school or how we could squeeze in a teaching semester in Artesia, NM.

With the exception of the bedtime wars, my children are amazing. I love them tremendously!

I'm pretty excited to take the kids out Trick-or-Treating tomorrow. Hopefully Addison won't be too shy. She shouldn't be because I am only taking them to people we know; but it's possible.


Jace came over today and it went really well. There were a couple little wrestling matches but nothing serious, they spent quite a bit of time playing together. It's so funny that they are rough with each other sometimes, because they are both so gentle with the baby. I was worried Jace might be a little rough with him but he isn't at all. It's so cute to watch them step around Kellen and give him kisses. While Addison was napping, Jace spent some time bringing toy after toy to cranky Kellen until he found something that Kellen liked. They are all so cute, I can not get enough of their huge smiles and the patter of their little feet it really makes me want ten kids.

I made turkey tacos for dinner tonight and they were really good. I've never cooked with ground turkey before, but, I did not want to eat red meat, and ground turkey is really good for you. I'm still stalled out on the weight loss... can not stand looking at myself it really makes me want to throw up... DISGUSTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment