Monday, May 10, 2010

A day in May

Why oh why is it only 40 degrees in May? I went white water rafting yesterday, the same place I went while a freshman in college, and it was freezing... 37 degrees and with some snow flurries!!! My brother planned the whole event for about 20 people because he wanted to go for his birthday. According to the guides we had "awesome water" 5000 cc or something? I dunno but they were lvl 3, 4 & 5 rapids. We had a great time even though it was really cold, it was a fun way to celebrate Nate's birthday and Mother's Day.

I became an aunt, again, on April 5 thanks to my sister-in-law Jordan. She had a little baby girl, Austyn, and she is adorable and squishy and giving me the baby urges of course! Kerm is going back to work on the 17th of May and asked if I wanted to babysit for her full time. How could I say no? I get to cuddle the little squishy one all day and make a little money doing it =)

I'm really on the fence about grad school. I can't seem to make myself commit to 2.5 years of school costing over $50,000 in student loans, when I'm not even sure if I will like the job. On top of that NYS has a ton of teachers on the market looking for jobs. There have been unheard of applicants for positions up here in the north country, where more than 200 people have applied for one possition; and these people are from all over the state. This means that it could also be extremely difficult to even get a job when I'm finished. On top of that I was settling for teacher because it was one of 4 masters programs at Potsdam State, which I applied to because it was the only school that was affordable. I'm not really sure what to do, I don't think I want to go, but I feel guilty not going now that I've been accepted...

No comments:

Post a Comment