Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kellen's Big Boy "Bed"

So I Caught Kellen with his leg over the side of his crib and decided it was time to get him out of it. Josh dismantled the crib and I am going to wash it before we reassemble it and get it ready for the new baby. We simply put the crib mattress on the floor for him and took everything out of his room we didn't want him to play with (large rocking chair, small fan).

Last night, in preparation for the new bed, we let him stay up an hour later hoping he would be extra tired. I filled his little belly up with snacks and had Josh bring him up there. After about 30 minutes Josh went to bed and so I went and laid on the floor in Kellen's room with a pillow and blanket. I laid beside him and pet him (rubbed his back lol) until the dog started barking like crazy. At that point I told him I was going to go check on the dog and that I'd be back up in a couple minutes. Well I never went back up because he never made a noise. When I checked on him he was out cold. He did wake up at 5:30 and cry "Moooommmmy" for about 1 minute and then went back to sleep until 7:30. I would call it a success!

Nap-time today, however, would be categorized as a failure. He was upstairs for an hour total. During that time I was up numerous times trying to coax him to sleep by petting him and scratching his back. He keep saying "my butthole, mommy my butthole" but when I would ask if it hurt of if he needed to poop or if he had pooped he would just say no. I don't know what is going on with that!! I finally gave up after an hour. Hopefully, over the next week he will actually start napping again. I'm assuming it was just much more interesting to tear his room apart then to snuggle in bed. At least he will be tired tonight. He is currently really whiny ugh!

New topic:

I think I need to hire a babysitter to watch the kids while I clean!! It's taken me all week to spring clean the upstairs and I'm still not finished with my room and the bathroom. I say spring clean because I mean cleaning up and going through stuff to see what to keep and what to put away or throw away. I still desperately need to do the laundry room and my desk. After I'm done spring cleaning I'd like to set up the new baby's space and organize the clothes out in the garage (the most recent things they've outgrown are just tossed up there, not organized or put in totes yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment