I decided to quit daycare with the exception of my niece Austyn. I will be be done in June (because that's when school gets out). Its been stressing me out a little not being able to spend a lot of time with my kids and go for walks and stuff with them. Plus it's a pain to try and do anything on a week day, like Dr. appointments, hair appointments, whatever! Josh doesn't want to watch the other kids while I have dr. appointments or whatever, and I don't blame him. Plus I hate not being able to just go and do something if it needs to be done. I normally have kids here from 7am until 5:30pm and it just seems like nothing gets done that I want to. And, quite frankly I'm getting sick of wiping other kid's noses and butts!
I can't believe I'm already 22 weeks pregnant. I can't believe I'm going to have 3 kids lol! It seems like this time the pregnancy has flown by. It's amazing to see Addison's reaction when she feels the baby kick, and it cracks me up to hear her suggestions for baby names (light switch is a top contender). We are planning on being surprised by baby's gender and so picking names has been a pain in the ass, fun though. I think we like Trenton for a boy, but that could change in 18 weeks. I like Genevieve for a girl but Josh not at all. I really like Eve-Lynn but can't figure out how to spell it without a hyphen. If you spell it Evelyn everyone will say Ev-Ah-Lynn not Eve-Lynn. I wish our house was bigger, I'm not sure where exactly a baby is going to fit!
Addison will be going to school this fall (pre-k). I really wasn't going to send her because I don't see what she will learn that I can't teach her, but, then I thought about the shock of going to school for 7 hours a day after never going and realized that pre-k (2.5 hours a day, 5 days a week) would probably be a good adjustment. Plus she loves doing things like that with her peers. She still does dancing every week and really likes it. She is wild and going threw a stage where she doesn't want to sleep and is having major freak outs once a week, not sure if this could be because of the new baby?
I have been wanting to potty train Kellen, but, I've been procrastinating. Honestly, I'm just being lazy and------ yeah lost that train of thought when typing this a couple hours ago because there was a collision which resulted in Kellen biting his lip =( He is ok the poor little bugger. Anyway, I need to potty train this little man but I AM LAZY. This would be a good week too because I only have Austyn (it's spring break so school kids). What else is knew with Kellen... Well I'm sure every mom thinks this... He seems extra smart to me. He isn't 2 yet and speaks in sentences and speaks clearly(actually 10 minutes ago he is upstairs asleep and I hear him on the monitor while sleeping say "Mommy wash my baby" because I washed his baby today after it got blood on it from the collision). No one has trouble understanding anything he says. These 2 kids I babysit for do not speak any where near as many words or any sentences and one is older than him by a month and one is younger than him. I'm afraid he is going to be smarter than me by the time he is 12 *sighs* no helping him on his math homework I'm afraid. Anyway, he consistently speaks sentences not just one that he knows. So, I'm not sure if he is really smart of if these 2 other kids are slow haha. But, from everything I've read on his age he seems to be well ahead on talking.
We still are worried about the government shutdown at our house. It looks like if there is a shutdown then Josh will just miss a paycheck but will still work as he is an essential worker. I guess this means we are lucky. I've been trying not to buy anything because of this but I really wanted to start buying my cloth diapers for the new baby because they are about $20 a diaper and I don't want to just buy them all at once ($500 or so) I'd rather spread out the expense. Yes, it seems like a lot but at $25 a week for diapers $500 for 2.5 years sounds cheaper aye? WOAH total subject hijack, anyway I've been mostly trying not to think or worry about the shutdown since there really isn't much I can do about it.
Ive been having puppy cravings lately too!! I think it's just a pregnancy craving because really when I think about it I do not want a puppy right now. Maybe next summer. But, they are just so cute and squishy and Boe needs a friend.
Oh and I've read 55 books so far this year... which is behind where I need to be to read my goal of 225. Also, my other goal for reading is to read every single Nora Roberts book that she ever wrote which is 208. Not sure if I will accomplish these goals, but it's worth shooting for. Also, the Nora Roberts one may take 2 years because really that means I'd only read one author for the whole year, and, while her books have lots of variety, I still think I'd get sick of her style, or any author's for that matter, after reading only her!
XOXO
~Jacki
No comments:
Post a Comment