Sunday, April 24, 2011

Helicopter / B-Day Party / Easter

Let me begin this cute story by saying the first part is all hearsay as I wasn't there at the time. The incidents that followed as a direct result I witnessed personally :)

Do you know those remote controlled helicopters? They are about 6 inches long and actually fly. Well my brothers got one each for Christmas once upon a time. Fast forward until Kellen finds one at Baddie's house. He wants Yucky to make it fly and of course Yucky, being the big squishy man he is, agrees to show Kellen. Kellen was sitting in his high chair and Yucky was flying the helicopter thinking it was really fun when suddenly the helicopter rose up to eye level and hovered in his face (it rose up from the floor at his feet and he didn't see it coming). Well he started making his scared face like "get this thing away from me!!" After this the helicopter hit the ground and Yucky couldn't get it to take off so he picked it up and tossed it in the air. Well when the remote caught onto it and started to fly it, the helicopter hit Kellen in the forehead. While it didn't hurt, Kellen was traumatized lol.

In the weeks that followed whenever he saw the helicopter he was scared and kept saying "hit me, hit me!" Well fast forward many weeks later without anyone mentioning the helicopter. Mommy wants a shower and so she has Kellen and Addison playing in Kellen's room. As I'm getting dressed, I'm smiling at the two of them sitting in Kellen's bed reading. Addison is pointing to all the pictures and saying "what's this Kellen" and he answers. Well she gets to the helicopter and gets all excited and says, "Look Kellen and HELICOPTER!!!" Kellen immediately sticks out his bottom lip and proceeds to inform Addison, in his best pouting voice, "hit me :( Yucky hit me :( Yucky hit me :("

I love how this happened with no prompting and no mention of the helicopter in quite a while. It always amazes me what kids remember.


Addison and Kellen both got dishes and silverware from Gramma for Easter. Addison just informed me that, "Gramma got me this knife and you can't take it!" LOL :)

Last night was Kellen's birthday party at Baddie's house. It went pretty well. He loves the lawn mower he got, and they have been playing with the road carpet all morning too. He loved his truck cake and him and addison kept going back for more licks of frosting. Jordan, Jarred & Austyn were the last to leave. I had fun just talking with them. It's rare for me to have fun adult conversations lately =) Well the kids went to bed at 10 and then Josh wanted to wake them up before he went to work at 6. So, he turned the light on to wake up Addison and I which made me want to stab him in the face (I HATE WHEN PEOPLE TURN ON THE LIGHT WHILE I'M SLEEPING IT BURNS MY EYES OUT!!!!) SO anyway, we had and Easter egg hunt and the opening of the Easter baskets at 5:45 this morning. My children had 4 LESS hours of sleep then normal and are very very tired. We are going to Gram & Pop's in about an hour for Easter breakfast and I'm praying that they both fall asleep on the way home.

I also slept horrible last night. I kept having nightmares and I feel like I didn't even sleep an hour. They were the kind of dreams where you aren't sure if you are dreaming or awake, like day dreams almost. I kept thinking that a tsunami was coming and we were all going to die. For some reason I frequently dream and worry about tsunamis and I don't know why. I doubt one could even get this far inland. I also always worry about how I will save 2 or 3 kids and a dog if there is a house fire (how will we get out with me having to carry all of them??? Stick the baby in a duffel bag, the dog in a duffel, hold Kellen and have Addison follow???). Another one is that we are in a car accident or drive off a bridge and I have to save 2/3 kids from drowning... what do I do??? Stuff one down my shirt and grab one in each hand?? Would I be able to carry all that weight to the surface?? How would you pick if you could only save one???????????????? how????? UGH here I go freaking out again. My other dream was that my mom and I and some other people were driving to Key West from Miami (which we just did a few months ago). For some reason we had to walk on these little footpaths. Well we get to this one section where the water is filled with dead fish heads and blood like chum I guess and we have to get to the bridge by taking inter tubes. Well we are like how do we do it with all the sharks in the water? So we just started to kick our feet with our tubes and swim for it. Well mom got separated from everyone and suddenly a huge shark, like a great white like jaws, came up and tried to bite her, and while we are all watching and screaming it comes up and chomps her down. And that's where I woke up... I must have laid awake in bed for 2 or 3 of the 5 hours I was "sleeping." What a long night!

1 comment:

  1. I have recurring dreams about Niagara Falls. Each dream is different, but they always involve me preparing to go over them in an inner tube of some kind. It's like a thrill ride, and in the dream I'm telling myself, "It's okay, it's safe, I've done this before," but my body is panicking and there's at least part of my brain that remembers, "No, I'm pretty sure this is a really dangerous thing to do." But it's like an amusement park, and I'm all confused as to why such a dangerous thing is so popular. I've been having these dreams for years. It's so weird!

    Love the blog, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete