Friday, January 20, 2012

Overtaken with toys...

Our toy room is horrendous. Why would 4 kids (I'm including Austyn in this mess) possibly need 5 overflowing toy boxes, a kitchen, and a bookshelf. Something needs to be done. It seems like every month I go through and take out a whole tote of toys. And every time dh goes to the store or someone has a birthday more toys come in. Yes, this is also somewhat my fault. How do you decide which toys go and which stay? Both the older kids already have toys in their rooms. Most of the toys downstairs just get thrown out of the toy box and left on the floor until the drill sargent (yeah me) knocks some heads together and threatens to throw them all away. One of my resolutions this year is to stop buying extras. The kids have too many toys and too many clothes, and we spend too much money buying more... I also resent that dh buys them things constantly and I don't get to buy anything because he is always buying. I am the parent who gets all the non-fun jobs =(

No comments:

Post a Comment